Saturday, December 21, 2013

The Hippocratic Crush II newbie actresses

The Hippocratic Crush II features lots of newbie actresses, so I wanted to have a small talk about it. I will also do a full review on the serie, but here are some quick comments about their acting.


Mandy Wong as Mei Suet
I'm not quite sure if Mandy is still considered a newbie...but the first time I saw her was in THC last year, so she seems new to me. She is really good at acting, and I wished I could have seen more from her and Benjamin Yuen. I loved seeing how she could be tough and serious with the new housmen, but at the same time, all she wants is the best for them.All in all, Mandy did a great job here, like she always does!

Eliza Sam as Che Che
Must say Eliza really did a breakthrough in her role as Che Che here! At first, she just seems like a happy/bubbly person, but then you find out that her character is actually so touching. I loved all the scenes where she cried and smiled at the same time. I think she made lots of people like her here, and though I already liked her, I just love her even more after seeing her here. Her role was an "angel" role and she was so nice to everyone. It was so sad to see her get weaker and weaker  everyday and eventually pass away...

Tracy Chu as Chin Yi
I didn't really know about Tracy before watching this serie. I just started it, and I was like, ohh just another newbie... then I learned that it was her first serie. I think she did pretty good, for a first timer! The only thing here is that..she got a bit too much screentime for a supporting role...Was her role even a supporting one? She was paired up with Lawrence Ng who was one of the main leads, so that's probably what got her all the attention. I wished they would have talked a bit less about her and "Ah Fai".

Crystal Li as Ah Ting
So, Ah Ting is suppose to be a shy and unconfident girl, and I think Crystal just did an ok job here. Could have been better. It seemed like Ah Ting was just a plain character without personality who cannot get over her crush (Onion), but yeah... More personality could have been added to this character.

+ Guest star: Grace Wong as Amber
It's my first time seeing her acting. Her character was so annoying...but I guess that is because she portrayed it well. Looking forward to see more from her :)



No comments:

Post a Comment