Thursday, December 12, 2013

My 2013 TVB status & favorites

The TVB 2013 Awards will be happening soon, and the nominations lists are already out. I wanted to share my hopes for who will win what awards and all. I haven't watched all series this year (like every year..), so of course, I know my point of view is limited on the few series I've watched.. & it is also mainly based on my general likes/dislikes of the artists & my personal favorites of this year!

Status:
-Missing You - Completed! 
-Friendly Fire - Dropped after ep2, , not because it was not good but because I didn't have enough time. It has been a year that I've been telling myself to watch this. Not sure if it will eventually happen :/
-Inbound Troubles -Completed!
-The Days of Days - Skipped
-Season of Love - Completed!
-Reality Check - Skipped
-Sergeant Tabloid - Dropped after  ep2, same reason as for Friendly Fire
-A Great Way to Care II - Completed!
-Bullet Brain - Skipped
-Slow Boat Home - Dropped after 5ep, not much interesting too watch...
-Awfully Lawful - Skipped
-A Change of Heart - Skipped
-Karma Rider - Skipped
-Triumph in the Skies II - Caught parts of when my family was watching, might watch later
-Always and Ever - Skipped
-Sniper Standoff -Skipped
-Brother's Keeper - Skipped, will watch during the holidays!
-Will Power - Caught parts of when my family was watching, might watch later.
-The Hippocratic Crush II - Watching!

Note: I feel like I've wasted my time watching Missing You & Season of Love while I could be watching something better. Sigh. Did I miss on a lot of interesting series? Please comment below so I can catch up on the must-watch stuffs during my X'mas break! :)

My hopes for the award & my personal favorites:



Best Actor: Wong Cho Lam in Inbound Troubles. He really did a great job there and put so much effort in that drama! 

Best Actress: Linda Chung. I haven't watched Brother's Keeper.. but is about time she gets the award.

Best Drama: The Hippocratic Crush II, no doubts! 

Most Popular TV Male Character: ...I really have no idea :P

Most Popular TV Femlae Character: Well, I heard Kristal Tin's character was pretty popular in Brother's Keeper. I hope she gets this award.. so that Linda can get the other one. Haha. 

Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Edwin Siu or Him Law :) 

Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Mandy Wong! She's made so much improvement the last few years.. I truly think she deserves it. 

Most Improved Actor: Jason Chan Nice work in Missing You!

Most Improved Actress: Eliza Sam; her acting is impressive for a newbie in THCII :) Another reason that I support her is that she's from Canada too, and although her canto is not good, I find her really brave and hard-working. 



5 comments:

  1. honestly this was the first year where i skipped tvb dramas and didn't watch every single one, i used to watch them all even if they weren't very interesting hahah. so most of the ones that you skipped really aren't worth going back to watch, but i agree with mariamfanz, WP is a good one. :) am planning to watch BK and THC2 over break as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh! i really liked Change of Heart! think Joey did a great job!

      Delete
  2. For the series that you skipped, I would recommend watching Karma Rider and Awfully Lawful. Awfully Lawful was an entertaining series (though I must say Sharon was somewhat of a miscast here) while Karma Rider was surprisingly refreshing to watch. Karma Rider is actually one of my top series this year :P haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey what happened to "Bounty Lady," which got Dayo Womg the 2013 TVB BEST ACTOR. It was a good drama.

    ReplyDelete