Tuesday, December 25, 2012

TVB Anniversary Awards- Thoughts + Fashion


I watched the TVB awards yesterday, and I'm satisfied with pretty much all results (: 

Results thoughts

I won't talk about those "variety show" or "programme" awards since I don't watch those xD But here's my thoughts on the other awards! I havent watched all the dramas, but I'll still make a comment on the important awards (: 




Best Actor in a Leading Role: Wayne Lai (The Confidant
I haven't watched The Confidant...but I know that Wayne probably deserves it! He's really a great award...no wonder he won it again! (Especially since so many artist left TVB...)

Best Actress in a Leading Role: Tavia Yeung (Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles)
I knew Tavia would win it, but I thought it would be for her role in The Hippocratic Crush instead of Silver Spoon. I haven't watched this either, but it was really time for Tavia to get this award! She has probably been working for TVB the longest, out of all the other nominees. She wasn't a pageant winner, so she really worked to get this, she used to have tiny roles such as "news reporter", or "secretary" (according to wikipedia), but she climbed her way to get Best Actress! Congratz to Tavia!


Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Koo Ming Wa (Divas In Distress
I'm watching Divas right now, so I don't have too much to say...but he's quite funny xD I haven't noticed him much, I only remember him from the soldier in Ten Brothers!

Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Nancy Wu (Gloves Come Off)
I haven't watch this serie (Yes I know I seem like I haven't watched anything xD) but I have seen Nancy in many series for the past years, and finally, she got her best supporting role award! My best memory of her acting was in Forensic Heroes III where she was nominated for this award last year too, so I guess she stepped it up even more this time! And about the actual "giving" of the award, where they called out her and Mandy, it really showed who's newbie and who's been there for long...Mandy was soooo nervous!! Haha xD I was like awww omgg :P I found it so funny when Nancy started reading, and Mandy wasn't, so Nancy was like, "We're reading this together!!!" Just had to make a comment on that xD


My Favorite TV Male Character: Kenneth Ma (The Hippocratic Crush
Heyy, this is a serie that I did watch completly, yayy finally! :D I have seen Kenneth Ma for a long time, and I think it does show in THC that he really tried to give his best, so congratz for him! (: ...Anyone noticed how nervous he was when he was receiving that award & trying to thank everyone without forgetting anyone? :P he was so cute haha xD 

My Favorite TV Female Character: Kate Tsui (Highs and Lows
I haven't watched the serie xD But I was a bit disappointed about the nominations...thought Linda would be in! But I know Kate has been working hard in TVB...so yeahh (: 



Most Improved Actor: Oscar Leung (L'Escargot, The Confidant, Tiger Cubs)
I only watched L'Escargot of him, but I can tell he has put a lot of efforts in his acting (: I first remember him from Shine on You (2004) where he was a student....he has grown so much from then!!!

Most Improved Actress: Mandy Wong (L'Escargot, The Hippocratic Crush, Tiger Cubs, Divas In Distress
I don't think anyone could have deserved this award better then Mandy... I have watched a lot of her dramas and I can tell she has improved a lot. I have actually never noticed her in Ghetto Justice, but in The Hippocratic Crush, I was like wow, this new artist is really good! And in L'Escargot, even more with her role as the wife/mom. When I saw Lives of Omission afterward, I saw that she has grown a lot from 2011 to 2012. She was really in it! I'm currently watching Divas, can't wait to see more from her! :D 

Best Series: When Heaven Burns 
This serie is airing right now on Fairchild...I haven't paid much attention to it until I heard that it won Best Serie...mmm but I think it's so-so. I thought THC was going to win!. 


Fashion time (: 

My favorite dresses are definitely Tavia's, Aimee's, and Mandy's. The three of them have simple dresses, but they looked beautiful in it and really suited them for the event! 

Nice dresses (:


Could have chosen better...


Least favorites....

No comments:

Post a Comment